90: Moving from a permission mindset to a freedom mindset with Kylon Gienger
For this week’s episode I wanted to share an interviewed I did on Stephen Warley’s Life Skills That Matter podcast.
This was part of an “interview swap” that Stephen and I did, and you can find his interview on Successful Dropout here.
Stephen is an absolute boss and is doing some incredible things to push this new paradigm of work we are entering into as a society. I had a blast on his show and we discussed a lot of things including:
- Rethinking the American Dream.
- Calculating the cost of your ideal lifestyle.
- Moving from a permission mindset to a freedom mindset.
- What I learned from trying so many different career paths.
- I explain the concept of self-credentialing.
Some inspirational quotes to remember:
“My goals are all, they’re all set with the primary focus being, like, how do I want to spend my time and who do I want to spend my time with and the money, I believe, sort of comes as a result of that.”
“You stick to doing what you love and building what you love, as long as it’s working, you know, I think it’ll pay off.”
“I’ve never wanted to do something just because I’m supposed to do it.”
Some coaching advice:
I recommended these actions to start breaking out of your comfort zone to try new and different things:
1) Don’t get hung up on finding the one right thing, pick one and just get started.
2) Switch, pivot, or quit if the first thing you do doesn’t work or you need to do other things as well.
3) Action begets more action, so don’t wait for the inspiration to strike to get started.
- Lifestyle Calculator
- Dave Ramsey
- Dave Ramsey’s Envelope System
- Jack Johnson
- Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech
- The Martian (2015)
- Eric Barker
- Why Valedictorians Don’t Become Millionaires
- Peter Thiel
- Mike Wallace
- Dance Gavin Dance
- A Day To Remember
- The Big Short (2015)
- Just-In-Time Learning
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Join the Successful Dropout Nation!
- Subscribe to the Successful Dropout Podcast.
- Join our private Facebook Group!
- Follow @successfuldropout on Instagram!
The post 90: Moving from a permission mindset to a freedom mindset with Kylon Gienger appeared first on Successful Dropout.
Reprinted from: https://successfuldropout.com/moving-from-a-permission-mindset-to-a-freedom-mindset-with-kylon-gienger/