Ep. 444: The Seventh Pillar of Self-Esteem (Part 3) Obstacles to Motivation – Domination Systems and the Kluge Brain
IMPORTED FROM SCHOOLSUCKSPROJECT.COM
SchoolSucksProject.com – Education Evolution
Wes Bertrand and I reboot our series based on Nathaniel Branden’s book, Six Pillars of Self-Estee…
Domination systems scale up. From the home…
to the schools…
to the military and the police…
to the state.
– The main hurdles: (in embracing and working towards a better concept of self)
– Systems of domination (abusive and neglectful parenting, schooling, religion, and government),
which sacrifice needs and induce trauma
– Eisler’s Domination Cultures vs. Partnership Cultures (and the problems with that view)
– Origins of Domination systems (are they an evolutionary step?)
– Myth of Redemptive Violence. It enshrines the belief that violence saves, that war brings peace, that might makes right. It is one of the oldest continuously repeated stories in the world."
– The LANGUAGE OF DOMINATION SYSTEMS
– the relatively non-integrated and non-optimally designed brain that struggles to make sense of traumatizing experiences (being overpowered, overwhelmed, or put in jeopardy) and the sacrifice of needs in general
– overcoming the kluge
THE SIX PILLARS OF SELF-ESTEEM
1. The Practice of Living Consciously
2. The Practice of Self-Acceptance
3. The Practice of Self-Responsibility
4. The Practice of Self-Assertiveness
5. The Practice of Living Purposefully
6. The Practice of Personal Integrity
Dick & Dee Dee – "Turn Around"
Steve Winwood – "Higher Love"
Complete Liberty Podcast
Happiness Counseling Resource Page
The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem (pdf)
Get the books:
Please Support School Sucks
Our Amazon Wish List
Donate With Bitcoin
Or Join the A/V Club
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video.
If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you…
A/V Club – Basic Access – $8.00/Month
AP Club – "Advanced" Access – $12.00/Month
Sigma Sigma Pi – Full Access – $16.00/Month