Ep. [preview] Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Picture of the Month Club #5)
IMPORTED FROM SCHOOLSUCKSPROJECT.COM
SchoolSucksProject.com – Education Evolution
Free Bonus Friday
Enjoy (and you will enjoy) a snip of one of our bonus productions for supporti…
Enjoy (and you will enjoy) a snip of one of our bonus productions for supporting listeners, including The Discomfort Zone, In Pursuit of Utopia, Picture of the Month Club, and other older selections.
(FULL AUDIO: 109 MINUTES) Is T2 is the best action film ever made? Thirteen-year-old Brett Veinotte thought so! It’s certainly one of the most impressive sequels .
Directed by James Cameron and released in 1991, T2 set a new standard for blockbuster films. Some of the (mind-boggling by 1991 standards) special effects might look a bit dated today, but there are numerous reasons this film has stood the test of time.
– the story laid out in The Terminator and Terminator 2, and the predestination paradox, but we don’t get stuck here forever
– what is the film trying to say about humanity, destiny, and hope?
– the character arcs of Sarah Connor and the T-800 (Arnold)
– Why the film’s score works so well
– T2 introduced cutting-edge CGI , but it should not overshadow the long list of perfectly executed practical effects
– Pacing and the problem with the theatrical trailer
– nothing about Terminator 3, Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genysis (but the new film Dark Fate is canon with the first 2)
PICTURE OF THE MONTH CLUB is a monthly series featuring Dutch – a delightful, insightful and successful film maker who wants to teach you the grammar and logic of cinema. Many will remember Dutch from the CINEMAnufacturing series.
Released March 11th, 2020 on Patreon, A/V Club and SubscribeStar.
The downloadable version of The Ideas Into Action Summit is now available.
Visit sspuniversity.com/ideasintoaction to learn more about the presenters, topics, bonus materials and encore presentation.