The Bryan Hyde Show hour two 7-2-2020
The Bryan Hyde Show
Revel in Wrongthink
- With all the different things dividing us as a nation, one of the most curious divides is that between the risk-tolerant and the risk-averse. Can these two Americas coexist or must one dominate the other?
- The current concern over rising Covid cases in Texas is feeding the fear that people went back to their lives too soon. Before we shut it all down again, Edward Peter Stringham suggests we take 500mg of chill pill and look at the bigger picture.
- As we prepare to celebrate America's independence this weekend, it's a prime opportunity for each of us to seriously ponder what "independence" means. James Bovard has a powerful essay about Independence Day in the midst of dictatorship.
- Economist Tyler Cowan says it's likely that we need more lockdowns but getting the American people on board is less likely if we keep telling them they're stupid and too sociable.
- In a time of contagion and financial ruin, does it make sense to choose liberty? Caroline Breshears says you better believe it.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/bryan-hyde/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/bryan-hyde/support