Top Ten Facts for Consideration Regarding the Health Impacts of HPV Vaccination in Children
1. No HPV vaccine has been proven to prevent any cancer of any kind ever. The Merck Gardasil and Gardasil 9 clinical trials showed that the vaccines reduce abnormal cervical growth, not cervical or any other cancer. Merck’s cancer prevention promise will take decades to verify. The median age of diagnosis for cervical cancer in the US is 50.
2. People have reported that Gardasil and Gardasil 9 cause death and serious adverse events. Since 2006, when Gardasil came on the US market, people have reported 523 deaths and 64,270 injuries to the US Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System as of Dec. 14, 2019.1 Notably, people report less than 1% of all vaccine injuries and deaths to this system.
3. Merck bears virtually no liability for any vaccine injury or death from Gardasil and Gardasil 9. Because Congress granted vaccine makers almost complete liability protection in 1986 through the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act, those injured must apply to a federal compensation program, where approximately two-thirds of petitioners lose.3 Nonetheless, one case in the compensation program, Tarsell v. HHS, proved that Gardasil caused Christina Tarsell’s death when she was 21.
4. Gardasil 9 is the most expensive vaccine ever. Two doses cost approximately $750, including doctor fees. In a state with 100,000 children per grade, the cost would be $75 million /year.
5. Vaccination with Gardasil 9 does not take away the need for routine cervical screening. The cost of vaccination is in addition to, not instead of, the cost of routine gynecological and cancer screening. Cervical screening alone, or Pap screening, has reduced cervical cancer in the US by approximately 75%. Scientists have identified more than 200 types of HPV, and up to 18 of those may be associated with cervical cancer. Gardasil 9 addresses only 7 “high risk” types, so screening remains essential.
6. The rationale for boys to get Gardasil 9 vaccine is extremely weak – to prevent anal cancer and genital warts. Anal cancer is virtually non-existent in boys, and Gardasil 9 is not approved to prevent any other cancers in men.
7. 48 states, including New York, have resisted HPV mandates since 2006. There is no nexus between HPV vaccination to prevent sexually-transmissible infections and school attendance. Without generous religious and philosophical opt-out clauses, courts might find HPV vaccine mandates unconstitutional.
8. Merck is defending lawsuits related to its HPV vaccines for wrongful death, fraud, failure to warn, and deprivation of informed consent in many countries, including Japan, Colombia, Spain and the United States. Merck has paid out billions in civil and criminal fees and settlements for causing injuries and death, false advertising, anti-competitive practices, tax penalties, bribery, labor disputes and environmental violations on other products.9 The federal compensation program to date has paid out millions for HPV vaccine injuries and death.
9. The American College of Pediatricians raises concern that Gardasil vaccination may cause infertility, or premature ovarian failure, in girls and young women. The Gardasil 9 package insert notes that the vaccine has never been tested for its effects on human fertility.
10. The clinical trials for Gardasil vaccines were fatally flawed, never using true inert placebo controls. Nonetheless, the clinical trials show that people with current or previous HPV infections may be at much higher risk after vaccination to develop precancerous lesions and cancer. The Gardasil 9 package insert states that the vaccine has never been tested for whether it can cause cancer.
11. Teens should not be able to get Gardasil 9 without parental consent. Child “consent” bills violate any notion of informed consent and the federal law requiring parental consent for CDC-recommended vaccines. Healthcare providers in schools may push teens into taking the vaccine without adequate information. If teens suffer adverse events and parents do not even know about the vaccination, parents may be unable to help. Giving Merck access to teens without parental consent is for corporate enrichment, not teen health.
Vaers Report on HPV Vaccine Adverse Events
Total Reported Adverse Events through December 14, 2019
Total Adverse Events: 64,270
Source: https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html These data likely represent less than 1% of actual adverse events and deaths.
The post Top Ten Facts for Consideration Regarding the Health Impacts of HPV Vaccination in Children appeared first on Children's Health Defense.
© 03 Jul 2020 Children’s Health Defense, Inc. This work is reproduced and distributed with the permission of Children’s Health Defense, Inc. Want to learn more from Children’s Health Defense? Sign up for free news and updates from Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and the Children’s Health Defense. Your donation will help to support us in our efforts.