Ep. 559: Michael Malice On Self-Discipline
IMPORTED FROM SCHOOLSUCKSPROJECT.COM
SchoolSucksProject.com – Education Evolution
Michael Malice is an accomplished author, celebrity ghostwriter, Twitter provocateur, podcaster a…
I approached this personal development topic through the lens of fitness because Michael has expressed that the pursuit continues to be a challenge for him. I thought it would be more interesting to discuss a subject where Michael is trying to put the puzzle pieces together, versus one of his areas of expertise (anarchist philosophy, objectivism, North Korea and the New Right).
For me, fitness has proven to be the foundation of a better life, and great teacher for any personal development pursuit. Michael and I are extremely different people, despite coming from similar philosophical backgrounds, but I have identified with him the most when listening to him talk about his fitness, eating and body issues.
Fitness and Eating Regimens:
– Questions for Michael: what are doing? where did you fail? why you’re doing this? what does "in shape" mean to you?
– Michael says being fit is often a function of having something wrong with you psychologically?
– Intermittent Fasting, carb cycling, glycogen depletion and anxiety
– Body image Issues: "happiness is a function of the scale"
Self-Discipline and Habit:
– I see fitness as a foundation for self-discipline while Michael sees self-discipline as a foundation for fitness
– Negative self-talk and where it comes from
– Michael rejects the concept of "Lifestyle balance" so I explain what it means to me
– Michael never struggled with self-discipline?
– Owning the Day: Michael’s routines, what makes a great day
– Michael’s advice: don’t aspire to greatness?
– Willpower and habit automation
Michael’s Website: michaelmalice.com/
Michael On You Tube: Click Here To Subscribe
The Next Renegade University and School Sucks Project event is happening May 11-13 in the original renegade city of New Orleans. At the end of this podcast we’ll discuss some of the details and the new features. For more information and to secure your spot, go to ThaddeusRussell.com/courses
Please Support School Sucks
We do cool things! Thanks to your support.
School Sucks is one of the longest running liberty-minded podcasts on the web, and the only one completely devoted to the issue of education (versus public school and college). Your support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering our work. Please help us continue to spread this important message further!
Thanks for visiting this page. Before you do anything, please bookmark and use this link for your Amazon shopping: Shop With Us
One-Time Donation Options:
Donate BITCOIN CASH
Support Us On PATREON
Help incentivize our production! Pledge $1 per content item and access dozens of Patron only audios and videos.
Join the A/V Club
If you’re looking for more School Sucks content, the A/V Club option grants you access to a bonus content section with 400+ hours of exclusive audio and video. If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you…
A/V Club – Basic Access – $8.00/Month
A/V Club – "Advanced" Access – $12.00/Month
Sigma Sigma Pi – "Privileged" Access – $16.00/Month
BITCOIN CASH 1AmqLVxjw3Lp9KT5ckfvsqfN2Hn3B1hCWS